Matthew A. Smuro, Esq.
268 Norwood Avenue
P.O. Box 38
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Smuro served as a judicial law clerk to The Honorable Eugene A. Ladanza, P.J.F.P., where he also became a Certified Mediator of the Special Civil Part cases. While in law school, he served as a clerk for the South Carolina House of Representatives Judiciary Committee, where he managed new legislation brought before the Family Law Subcommittee.
Mr. Smuro was born in Long Branch, New Jersey and is a life-long resident of Monmouth County. He attended high school at Christian Brothers Academy in Lincroft, New Jersey. He presently resides in Monmouth County, New Jersey with his wife and their two children. A father of two young children, twin boy and girl. Mr. Smuro enjoys running, and participates in surfboat (rowing) competitions along the Jersey Shore.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey, 2002
- New York, 2002
Unversity of South Carolina School of Law Columbia, SC
- J.D. – 2002
Clemson University Clemson, SC
- B.A. – 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2006 – Present
- Monmouth Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present
- Legal Aid Society of Monmouth County, Vice President, 2014
- Court-Approved Family Law Mediator
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Eugene A. Iadanza, Presiding Judge of the Family Division, Monmouth, New Jersey, Judicial Law Clerk